Thursday 2 August 2007

Whats in a name

Passport Officer: Kumari is not your surname.
Me: It is my surname. It has been my surname all my life.
PO: No, it is your given name.
Me: (tired laughter) I was given the name Monika. Kumari is the surname.
PO: No you are changing your name. Please take out ad in the paper and then come with paper clippings.
Me: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

This name change business is driving me nuts. Moral of the story - Parents please do not keep placeholders for your daughter's surname to be filled in by her Husband. It can make her run to the passport office many times and make her mad!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ROTFL

so how did this end?

Unknown said...

ROTFL

so how did it end?

MK said...

imemyself: How else - am taking an ad out to rid myself of Kumari forever. Please give me access to your blog.